Safe + Sound Week is a nationwide event held each August that recognizes the successes of workplace health and safety programs and offers information and ideas on how to keep America's workers safe. We encourage you to join us and thousands of others to participate this week.
Want to develop a health and safety program for your business? OSHA shared 10 Ways to Get Your Program Started here. The main goal of such programs is to prevent workplace injuries, illnesses, and deaths, as well as the suffering and financial hardships these events can cause for workers, their families, and employers.
Safety and Health Programs Enable Businesses To:
- Prevent workplace injuries and illnesses
- Improve compliance with laws and regulations
- Reduce costs, including significant reducations in workers' compensation premiums
- Engage employees
- Enhance their social responsibility goals
- Increase productivity and strengthen overall business operations
Participating in Safe + Sound Week can help get your program started, vitalize an existing one, or create an opportunity to recognize your safety successes.
Ways You can Participate this Week:
For more information, visit osha.gov/safeandsoundweek